Le Bonheur Suprême - Bliss

Le Bonheur Suprême is a french phrase that means bliss, Bonheur meaning happiness and Suprême meaning supreme, but what is bliss? For some bliss may be holding your first born, the first kiss at your wedding, or graduating Magna Cum Laude from an Ivy League university. (Honestly, I'd be quite happy if I graduated with the highest distinction from an Ivy League too, who wouldn't?!!!)

For me, bliss is the first bite of a good dish, the bite that brings a sigh of relief and joy, making your eyes roll. The bite that makes you want to shake the chef's hand and buy another serving before you've finished the one in front of you, this takes me to that place of bliss. 
My love for food isn't about eating a lot or taking pictures of every meal, it's about enjoying ever aspect of food: flavor combinations, history, taste, smell, feel, ideas and recipes, to the very sight of food.

Food is an invigorating experience, one that makes memories and emotions, that makes the moment you have the first taste be the only one you want to be in forever. These experiences should be shared. So, I invite you to join me through the ups and downs of my food journey on the road to sweet bliss, and find yours along the way. 

Comments

Popular Posts